This week, easter week was a very good week actually. Foodwise we kept in check and I had some really good runs including my first 10 km run this year. Weather has been perfect for outdoors activities so it has been a real pleasure to be outdoor this week. Dun has been nice and warm but in the nights the temperatures drops down and best runs are done in the afternoons really.
I have started using a new sports tracker on my Android phone called Endonundo and so far, for all similar softwares I have tested this one seems to be best of them all. I also love the BuddyRunner software but Endomondo does very much the same thing but has even better statistics.
Day by day
- speed in the forest, 2.35 km in 6:36 tempo, pretty good for being me actually, I was very happy with that.
- Altorp 6.7 km with Jenny, had a really good time as always and although I came home late it was a really good run that.
- Resting, no training.
- My first 10 km this year. Eastern Järvafältet and that was good as well, but HARD. I was struggling at the end to keep it together and I had some walks in the middle of it as well but I did it even if it took me 99 minutes.
- Short runt at home, a very slow run to just flex everything up a bit from the 10 km the day before.
- A 5km run a new route I have not done before. Down to the Görväln castle and then back home again. Beautiful run but some hills that was really straining and by now I am starting to feel the miles in my legs this week. Decided this was last for this week!
|Total distance||26.8||km||Total tim||4:03:42||HMS|
|Avg tempo||9:06||min/km||Avg. speed||6.6||km/h|
|Max. HR||173||bpm||Avg. HR||148||bpm|
|Training Effect||4||TE/EPOC||Energy spent||3 032||kcal|
|Max. ventilation||93||l/min||Max breathing||42||bpm|
|Total distance||16,8||km||Total tim||1:19:16||HMS|
|Avg tempo||8:29||min/km||Avg. speed||8.29||km/h|
|Max. HR||175||bpm||Avg. HR||153||bpm|
|Training Effect||5||TE/EPOC||Energy spent||1 162||kcal|
|Max. ventilation||96||l/min||Max breathing||45||bpm|
10 km more than last week is not horse manure. Probably too much of an increase in a single week but I feel good nevertheless. Time spent training also increased to more than the double, not bad at all but my average time dropped with 30 s/km. Not too surprising, longer runs and more km into the legs. Spending almost 3 times the amount of energy on running as last week, yay, almost two days worth of food.
Average heartrate has dropped a bit, longer and slower running and perhaps a bit better condition as well but the max hartrate is very similar and shows that I am still about 10 beats from maxing out. Good thing, don’t wanna do that alone… tried it once and i had such a bad tunnel vision I thought I was gonna faint.
Training effect is a 4 which is great compared to a 5 last week which was overtraining. Getting better at keeping slow on the long runs and not over-excerting myself to the point of breaking down rather than building up.
Ventilation and breathing is up a little though VO2max seems very similar. A higher peak EPOC and a lower Training Effect just means I have leveled on the training effect scale (to a level 6.0 from a 5.0 where I started).
Tomorrow is a resting day and then monday is a free day, I will see if my good friend Jenny can manage a nice run together then, looking forward to the next time.
Weight wise I have gone up 0.5 kg this week. Still keeping diet but I have also noticed my legs are getting stronger. I believe I am building more muscle. This is good, it means I will be able to run faster and longer and increase my metabolic rate even when I sleep. Good stuff that.