One of the more difficult things to light are glassware and bottles containing liquids. I experimented quite some time before I got something that was reasonable here. I am using a cheap light tent to get an even spread of the lights here and it still took some doing.
I am using two tungsten lights of 50 W each and my SB-600 flash aimed at the background. Camera WB is set for tungsten so the flash becomes very blu-ish in color which was the idea, this masks the creases and wrinkles in the white backdrop for some reason. Fortsätt läsa Glass Bottle : Tullamore Dew→
I think the first poster is the best one really, I was never a hundred percent on the lower part of the table and so by putting the logos on top of a brown background like that is perfect. I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out, and it was great fun!
I believe I will go there soon to shoot the repetion of their play!
I was using a 50mm f/1.8 lens when shooting this, it was the perfect focal length (even on my DX camera) and the sharpness and definition of the 50mm is almost scary sometimes. Post-Processing was done on the original photograph with Adobe Lightroom, The GIMP and Photoshop CS3. The main actions was to mask the actors and darken the background a bit further than what we managed to do in the photo.
This was some photographs I did for some good friends who has a theatre. They had this play and when they played it people from the audience came to them and asked if the play was based around the famous painting by Paul Cezanne called ”The Card Players” or ”Les joueuers de carted” as it is called in French.
They asked me to shoot a similar shot, based on the paiting, for a promotional poster for the theatre group and the play that they were setting up. Which I thought was a wonderful idea so we went ahead trying to find the right costumes and other props.
We set it up where the theatre use to make their repetitions. We had to be a little inventive trying to recreate the moods. We used stage lighting to light the picture and I shot it with Nikon D70s using Nikkor AF 50mm f/1,8 lens, one of the sharpest tools in the tool box.
The bottle is a port wine bottle I brought last time we visited.
In the final edit the background is darkened more to look more like the painting and the window frame visible is blurred. I may post the final edit when they have their posters printed!
It was great fun making a poster like this when there was a very set theme. We had a printout of the original painting to study and the actors here where quite used at getting in the mood so they sat down and nailed everything immediately.
I had to take a few angles before I found what I was looking for in the camera viewfinder.